“Handling objections” is a frequently requested training topic from sales and presales managers for their teams. I’m curious: What objections do you hear most frequently from your prospects?
Here are a few to start the list:
- “Do you have a ‘lite’ version of your software?” or “We don’t need the Cadillac version; we just want the Chevy…”
- “Your product looks too complicated for most of our users – so we only want a couple of licenses for a few experts to use…”
- “I’m not comfortable with you as a vendor…”
- “You don’t understand our business…” or “You don’t understand our challenges…”
- “While your product does cover about 80% of our requirements, it is missing a few critical capabilities…”
- “Your product looks good, but we feel we can continue to live with the current situation…”
- “Your product is way too expensive for us (but thanks for the education) …”
What others have you encountered?