NEWS & EVENTS
Introducing “Great Connection!” – Dramatically Increase Interactivity Over Zoom/WebEx/GoToMeeting
These 90- to 120-minute sessions for small groups will have you connecting and driving interaction with your audiences effectively and confidently.
- We’ll introduce and discuss the best practices and tips
- And each participant will put the ideas into practice in the session.
- The use of annotation tools
- Whiteboarding over the web
- Parking questions over the web
- Enabling audience members to drive or annotate
- The Pause button
- Improving your webcam interactions
- Pre-meeting set-up practices (e.g., checking latency and full screen mode)
- And (gently but firmly) pushing audiences for feedback and responses
And for those doing webinars or large sessions (with microphones muted):
- The use of the chat tools
- Using Q&A along the way
- Individual unmuting and muting of audience members
You’ll be able to put these skills to terrific use in your very next web demos and presentations – driving interactivity like you’ve never seen before!
Great Connection! Pragmatics
- We’ll use the tool you typically use (e.g., Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting).
- Group size is limited to 8 participants per Great Connection! session.
- Duration is 90-120 minutes (plus 10 minutes of set-up).
- Pricing is $480 per session.
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com to book a Great Connection! session right away – because your ability to communicate successfully over the web is more important now than ever!
Great Demo! Virtual Training and Coaching Options
With the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, travel and face-to-face meetings have stopped are being curtailed by businesses around the world – including face-to-face soft skills training and development sessions.
In spite of these restrictions, time otherwise consumed by travel and face-to-face meetings is now available – and presents is an excellent opportunity to “sharpen the saw”.
Accordingly, your Great Demo! team is available for virtual training and coaching sessions for those new to Great Demo! as well as for existing Great Demo! alumni who wish to improve their practices.
Great Demo! Training for New Customers and New Teams
- Great Demo! Workshops: Workshops of varying lengths are being facilitated wonderfully over the web.
- Great Demo! Seminars: Introductory Seminars are an excellent way to stimulate and begin change – and virtual delivery is a terrific option.
- Coaching: Introducing and implementing Great Demo! for individuals and small groups is easily done over the web.
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com to discuss any of these options.
Great Demo! Coaching for Alumni
These next few months offer terrific opportunities to continue to develop team members’ skills through one-on-one or small group coaching, including:
Solidifying and Improving Great Demo! Fundamentals:
- Situation Slides creation, tuning and presentation
- Illustrations generation, presentation, and value communication
- Demo Role-play practice
- Managing Questions
Advanced Topics and Skills Building:
- Remote Demos discussion and role-play practice (See Great Connection! above – now more than ever!)
- Multiple Solutions and Complex Demos discussion, guidance, and role-play
- Storytelling and Making Demos Remarkable
- Managing POC’s
- RFP Response Demos
- Uncovering and Communicating Value
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com to discuss any of these possibilities to continue to improve your skills.
Demo Horror Stories – Friday Fun Podcast
Peter Cohan joined the fine folks at “Tripping Over the Barrel” to explore life, liberty, and the pursuit of demo horror stories. We discussed best and worst demo practices, richly illustrated with a delightful selection of horror stories, touching (lightly) on:
- The Great Demo! Origins Story (yes, there is one)
- Doing Discovery
- Vision Generation Demos
- Technical Proof Demos
- Buying It Back
- The Menu Approach
- Fewest Number of Clicks
- Speaker Switches
- Making Your Demo a Conversation
- Setup Mode
You can find this fun, yet extremely useful podcast here – Episode 13: https://digitalwildcatters.com/podcasts/tripping-over-the-barrel/
DEMOFEST Sessions Recordings
The recordings of Peter Cohan’s “7 Habits for Stunningly Successful Demos” presentation and Julie Hansen’s “Acting Tips for Connecting On-Camera” as well the other DEMOFEST sessions and the final panel discussion are available here: https://tinyurl.com/yahoeofo.
In 7 Habits for Stunningly Successful Demos we explored data-driven best practices (as opposed to opinions!):
- Why and what’s in this for you
- A (very brief) example of what Great looks like
- 7 Habits for Stunningly Successful Demos
- Some comments about demo metrics
- Avoiding “No Decisions”
- Some insights into Doing Discovery (as time allowed)
Acting Tips for Connecting On-Camera focused on:
- The secret to “being natural” on-camera
- How to create eye contact with your customer
- Why certain movements and gestures don’t work on-camera
- How to incorporate video into your demo
- And more!
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com if you’d like copies of the presentation materials.
Podcast Recording – Creating Customer Success
Yes, Great Demo! practices are equally important and applicable for folks in Customer Success. Peter Cohan joined the fine folks at Creating Customer Success, discussing key Great Demo! ideas as they apply post-sale, including how to connect presales and customer success teams in a simple, effective (and elegant) way to help customers achieve value as soon as possible.
You can find the recordings here:
Webinar Recording – “The Perfect Demo Environment – and Demoflow”
The team at Demoflow (a new and very intriguing presales tool) and Peter Cohan presented a two-in-one webinar on May, with first portion focusing on best practices for demo environments (including some rather surprising ideas) followed by an overview of Demoflow.
You can find the recording here.
Webinar Recording – “Getting to Great: Coaching for 7 Habits for
Stunningly Successful Demos
You can find the recording here.
Traditional-average demos – and traditional-average demo delivery – today is simply insufficient. We introduced seven habits that correspond to (rather dramatic) increases in demonstration success and discussed how to coach your team or yourself to master these habits.
Play this webinar recording to:
- Learn “The 7 Habits of Stunningly Successful Demos” from speaker and author Peter Cohan to move your demo structure and delivery from traditional-average to stunningly successful – mapping to validated and proven best practices.
- See how to coach your team or yourself towards these specific skills and behaviors from Richard Smith, Co-Founder of Refract.ai.
Now is the perfect time to rethink your demos, retool your demo structure, and refine your demo delivery!
Webinar Recording – “Scaling Presales Effectiveness”
Peter Cohan joined John Care and Don Carmichael on March 26 when the fine folks at Consensus convened this panel in a “Scaling Presales Effectiveness” webinar. Click here for access to the recording.
And if you have specific questions or topics that weren’t addressed, please send them to us at Info@Greatdemo.com.
Webinar Recording Available: What is Presales Series:
Webinar #1 Presales is the secret to shorter sales cycles
Buyers want experts. In today’s world of product-led sales there has never been a bigger opportunity or risk in leveraging the presales team. The companies who can use their technology to tell a captivating story, while understanding the technical selling patterns that lead to deals, will simply grow faster than their peers.
- Learn “The 7 Habits of Stunningly Successful Demos” from speaker and author Peter Cohan to ensure you are engaging prospects, fast-tracking deals, and putting competitors on their heels from the first meeting.
- Learn how the data generated throughout the technical selling process can unlock secrets to shorten sales cycles from Vivun CEO Matt Darrow.
You can find the recording here.
New Offering – Great Demo! Implementation-Enablement
1-Day Master Class
This class helps you dramatically accelerate the adoption and implementation of Great Demo! Participants generate the full set of foundation materials while reinforcing key elements of the methodology, enabling your team to put Great Demo! into practice right away! This class is the second step into implementing and mastering your Great Demo! framework.
Contact us for more information.
Wow! Great Demo! Graduate Wins Salesforce Demo Jam
“Very excited to share this – leveraging what we learned from our Great Demo! workshop a few years back, our team won the Salesforce Demo Jam at the recent world tour – we had 3 minutes to deliver (and encrispen) a high-level overview of our product, and the audience selected the winner!We’ve got a workshop coming up for our entire staff so we can keep this good stuff going, but this was a HUGE win for us that wouldn’t have been possible with what we learned from Great Demo!!”
Over 31,000 Copies of Great Demo!
We are amazed (and quietly proud) to report that over 31,000 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased, including over 2250 Audiobooks (but not including re-sales of used copies or PDF’s that get passed around).
The question is now becoming: how well do you (and does your team) implement and practice the methodology?
The Great Demo! Methodology enables differentiation; the degree to which one applies the methodology determines the amount of differentiation!
Great Demo! Public Workshop opportunities now span the globe (well, nearly). Registration and additional information for these sessions can be found as follows:
- September 15-17 Great Demo! Public Workshop – EMEA. This is a virtual Workshop facilitated from Amsterdam. Registration and additional information can be found here or contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com for more details.
- October 13-15 Great Demo! Public Workshop – EMEA. This is a virtual Workshop facilitated from Amsterdam. Registration and additional information can be found here or contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com for more details.
- North America East – Contact Art Fromm at AFromm@GreatDemo.com.
- North America Midwest – Contact Paul Pearce at PPearce@GreatDemo.com.
- North America West – Contact Julie Hansen at JHansen@GreatDemo.com.
- Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia, Japan, India, etc.) – Contact Nick Dorney at ND@Up2Speed.biz.
- Europe /EMEA– Contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com.
- Other Dates/Locations – Contact Peter Cohan at PCohan@SecondDerivative.com if you have a desire for other dates and locations, or have questions.
Public Workshops are excellent opportunities for individuals, small groups or for teams that have new hires. They are 1.75-Day Workshops, with the first day focusing largely on core Great Demo! material and the second half or three-quarter day addressing more advanced topics and techniques.
Public Master Classes bring your team’s demo and Discovery skills to a truly outstanding level of practice:
– Take your team’s demos to the next level
– Develop high-performing Questioning and Discovery skills
– Master complex situations of multiple players and solutions
– Explore more challenging situations, beyond the “core” methodology
– Reward and provide incentive for your team overall
Master Classes are typically 1.5-Days in length. Participants are expected to have completed a Great Demo! Workshop previously.
Great Demo! Intro Webinar – Recording Available
The fine folks at Zoom hosted a webinar in which Peter Cohan provided an introduction to Great Demo! This 45 minute session explores several key concepts and addresses a number of intriguing audience questions – you can find the recording here.
Great Demo! LinkedIn Group and User Community – Now Over 6800 Members – Wow!
We have an active Great Demo! Group on LinkedIn – and you are welcome to join. There are now over 6800 members in the Group, many of whom are Great Demo! practitioners. We post topics and ideas for discussion, tips, and information on new tools. Group members are contributing their own thoughts, adding comments to existing dialogues and raising new topics.
We are working diligently to keep the Group as high-value a tool for the community as possible: Postings are monitored, members are vetted, and the Group is kept spam-free. We do encourage carefully selected job postings from vendors with openings (but not from recruiters) and individuals looking for new opportunities.
Think of the Group as an online Great Demo! User Community.
Great Demo! Book Accolades
As noted above over 31,000 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased by readers around the world, to date (including over 2200 copies of the Amazon Audiobook). Additionally, the book has been awarded the Reader’s Choice designation (twice!) by the publisher. Authors earn the Reader’s Choice award after receiving the Editor’s Choice designation and achieving large sales volumes. In addition to paperback, Kindle, Nook and PDF versions, Great Demo! is also available in audiobook format from Amazon – please note that the voice in the Audiobook is not that of Peter Cohan (he reads the book too fast for a good recording)! The Blog and Great Demo! LinkedIn Group are designed to provide an evergreen extension to the book – you are welcome to explore both – let us know if you’d like to see a 3rd edition to the book published.