NEWS & EVENTS
New Great Demo! Certified Coaching Program
We are delighted to announce that Kerry Sokalsky of Presales Mastery is now a Great Demo! Certified Coach – and has launched an innovative program for Great Demo! Workshop graduates. This is a terrific opportunity to achieve superior execution of the Great Demo! methodology in a 1-on-1 setting:
Retention of even the best sales training can wane over time if not regularly practiced and reinforced. Presales Mastery’s Great Demo! coaching program reiterates and builds on the concepts learned in Great Demo! Workshops by evaluating and coaching participants on their use and execution of Great Demo! practices in demos to actual prospects. In doing so, clients both protect and augment their training investments.
Participants are coached on multiple demos over a 3-month period using an online coaching platform (to share and retain feedback) and live coaching calls. The coaching spans three primary areas:
- Detailed Demo Feedback: 15-30 points of feedback that specifically target the greatest opportunities for improvement
- The Great Demo! Performance Scorecard: Over 75 metrics track participant’s adherence and execution against the methodology taught in Great Demo! Workshops
- The Presales Mastery Demo Performance Scorecard: 95 demo best practices metrics across 13 categories objectively measure each individual’s detailed performance and coaching progress, and allow for performance comparisons across the team
Participants of the Great Demo! coaching program see enhanced retention and superior execution of the Great Demo! methodology over time as core concepts are reinforced and coached in the context of real-world demos delivered to prospects. Clients’ improved demo performance typically results in win and deal progression rate improvements of 10%-20%.
At the conclusion of the coaching program, detailed analyses of scorecard data are provided for each individual participant and the entire team, providing clients with blueprints for future enablement, and objective data for use in performance reviews and evaluations.”
Contact Kerry for more details!
Great Demo! Virtual Training and Coaching Options
With the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, travel and face-to-face meetings have stopped are being curtailed by businesses around the world – including face-to-face soft skills training and development sessions.
In spite of these restrictions, time otherwise consumed by travel and face-to-face meetings is now available – and presents is an excellent opportunity to “sharpen the saw”.
Accordingly, your Great Demo! team is available for virtual training and coaching sessions for those new to Great Demo! as well as for existing Great Demo! alumni who wish to improve their practices.
Great Demo! Training for New Customers and New Teams
- Great Demo! Workshops: Workshops of varying lengths are being facilitated wonderfully over the web.
- Great Demo! Seminars: Introductory Seminars are an excellent way to stimulate and begin change – and virtual delivery is a terrific option.
- Coaching: Introducing and implementing Great Demo! for individuals and small groups is easily done over the web.
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com to discuss any of these options.
Great Demo! Coaching for Alumni
These next few months offer terrific opportunities to continue to develop team members’ skills through one-on-one or small group coaching, including:
Solidifying and Improving Great Demo! Fundamentals:
- Situation Slides creation, tuning and presentation
- Illustrations generation, presentation, and value communication
- Demo Role-play practice
- Managing Questions
Advanced Topics and Skills Building:
- Remote Demos discussion and role-play practice (See Great Connection! above – now more than ever!)
- Multiple Solutions and Complex Demos discussion, guidance, and role-play
- Storytelling and Making Demos Remarkable
- Managing POC’s
- RFP Response Demos
- Uncovering and Communicating Value
Contact us at Info@GreatDemo.com to discuss any of these possibilities to continue to improve your skills.
Wow! Great Demo! Graduate Wins Salesforce Demo Jam
“Very excited to share this – leveraging what we learned from our Great Demo! workshop a few years back, our team won the Salesforce Demo Jam at the recent world tour – we had 3 minutes to deliver (and encrispen) a high-level overview of our product, and the audience selected the winner!We’ve got a workshop coming up for our entire staff so we can keep this good stuff going, but this was a HUGE win for us that wouldn’t have been possible with what we learned from Great Demo!!”
Great Demo! Public Workshop opportunities now span the globe (well, nearly). Registration and additional information for these sessions can be found as follows:
Our next North America Great Demo! Virtual Public Workshop is scheduled for September 14-16 – registration, pricing and additional information will be posted shortly. Contact Art Fromm for more details.
- The next EMEA Great Demo! Virtual Public Workshop will take place in the fall – if you have specific dates desires, please contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com for details.
- North America East – Contact Art Fromm at AFromm@GreatDemo.com.
- North America Midwest – Contact Paul Pearce at PPearce@GreatDemo.com.
- North America West – Contact Julie Hansen at Julie@ActingForSales.com.
- Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia, Japan, India, etc.) – Contact Nick Dorney at ND@Up2Speed.biz.
- Europe /EMEA– Contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com.
- Other Dates/Locations – Contact Peter Cohan at PCohan@SecondDerivative.com if you have a desire for other dates and locations, or have questions.
Public Workshops are excellent opportunities for individuals, small groups or for teams that have new hires. They are typically 1.75-Day Workshops, with the first day focusing largely on core Great Demo! material and the second half or three-quarter day addressing more advanced topics and techniques.
Public Master Classes bring your team’s demo and Discovery skills to a truly outstanding level of practice:
– Take your team’s demos to the next level
– Develop high-performing Questioning and Discovery skills
– Master complex situations of multiple players and solutions
– Explore more challenging situations, beyond the “core” methodology
– Reward and provide incentive for your team overall
Master Classes are typically 1.5-Days in length. Participants are expected to have completed a Great Demo! Workshop previously.
Great Demo! LinkedIn Group and User Community – Now Over 7350 Members – Wow!
We have an active Great Demo! Group on LinkedIn – and you are welcome to join. There are now over 7350 members in the Group, many of whom are Great Demo! practitioners. We post topics and ideas for discussion, tips, and information on new tools. Group members are contributing their own thoughts, adding comments to existing dialogues and raising new topics.
We are working diligently to keep the Group as high-value a tool for the community as possible: Postings are monitored, members are vetted, and the Group is kept spam-free. We do encourage carefully selected job postings from vendors with openings (but not from recruiters) and individuals looking for new opportunities.
Think of the Group as an online Great Demo! User Community.
Great Demo! Book Accolades
Over 33,500 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased by readers around the world, to date (including over 2750 copies of the Amazon Audiobook). Additionally, the book has been awarded the Reader’s Choice designation (twice!) by the publisher. Authors earn the Reader’s Choice award after receiving the Editor’s Choice designation and achieving large sales volumes. In addition to paperback, Kindle, Nook and PDF versions, Great Demo! is also available in audiobook format from Amazon – please note that the voice in the Audiobook is not that of Peter Cohan (he reads the book too fast for a good recording)! The Blog and Great Demo! LinkedIn Group are designed to provide an evergreen extension to the book – you are welcome to explore both – let us know if you’d like to see a 3rd edition to the book published.