NEWS & EVENTS
Recent Webinar: The Best “Just Show Me A Demo” Demo
Demonstrating without sufficient discovery is a recipe for disaster!
Learn how to turn it into a win-win opportunity in this webinar. You can access the recording here.
Webinar Recording: The Perfect Demo Environment
You can find the recording here.
Have you ever heard (or said):
- “Sorry, I don’t have an example like that in our demo system…”
- “No, we can’t show that workflow – this is a demo database…”
- “Our demo environment isn’t up-to-date – that’s why this feature isn’t working…”
- “No, I don’t have good data to show in this report – no data, in fact – sorry…!”
- “That report hasn’t been built for our demo system – but trust me, it’s terrific!”
In your demos, how often are you apologizing for an inability to demonstrate capabilities, complete workflows, or present compelling results and reports? Far too often, in many cases! A perfect demo environment enables you to show what you need, clearly and convincingly. No apologies, no excuses.
Peter Cohan joined the fine folks at Consensus to provide (some surprising) recommendations for demo environments to make your demos as crisp, compelling and successful as possible.
New Offering – Great Demo! Implementation-Enablement 1-Day Master Class
This class helps you dramatically accelerate the adoption and implementation of Great Demo! Participants generate the full set of foundation materials while reinforcing key elements of the methodology, enabling your team to put Great Demo! into practice right away! This class is the second step into implementing and mastering your Great Demo! framework.
Contact us for more information.
Wow! Great Demo! Graduate Wins Salesforce Demo Jam
“Very excited to share this – leveraging what we learned from our Great Demo! workshop a few years back, our team won the Salesforce Demo Jam at the recent world tour – we had 3 minutes to deliver (and encrispen) a high-level overview of our product, and the audience selected the winner!We’ve got a workshop coming up for our entire staff so we can keep this good stuff going, but this was a HUGE win for us that wouldn’t have been possible with what we learned from Great Demo!!”
Over 30,000 Copies of Great Demo!
We are amazed (and quietly proud) to report that well over 30,000 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased, including over 2050 Audiobooks (but not including re-sales of used copies or PDF’s that get passed around).
The question is now becoming: how well do you (and does your team) implement and practice the methodology?
The Great Demo! Methodology enables differentiation; the degree to which one applies the methodology determines the amount of differentiation!
Great Demo! Public Workshop opportunities now span the globe (well, nearly). Registration and additional information for these sessions can be found as follows:
- February 20-21, 2020 in the Silicon Valley (Mountain View, CA) – You can find pricing, location and registration information here.
- April 15-16, 2020 in Amsterdam – You can find pricing, location and registration information here.
- North America East – Contact Art Fromm at AFromm@GreatDemo.com.
- North America Midwest – Contact Paul Pearce at PPearce@GreatDemo.com.
- North America West – Contact Julie Hansen at JHansen@GreatDemo.com.
- Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia, Japan, India, etc.) – Contact Nick Dorney at ND@Up2Speed.biz.
- Europe /EMEA– Contact Natasja Bax at NBax@GreatDemo.com.
- Other Dates/Locations – Contact Peter Cohan at PCohan@SecondDerivative.com if you have a desire for other dates and locations, or have questions.
Public Workshops are excellent opportunities for individuals, small groups or for teams that have new hires. They are 1.75-Day Workshops, with the first day focusing largely on core Great Demo! material and the second half or three-quarter day addressing more advanced topics and techniques.
Public Master Classes bring your team’s demo and Discovery skills to a truly outstanding level of practice:
– Take your team’s demos to the next level
– Develop high-performing Questioning and Discovery skills
– Master complex situations of multiple players and solutions
– Explore more challenging situations, beyond the “core” methodology
– Reward and provide incentive for your team overall
Master Classes are typically 1.5-Days in length. Participants are expected to have completed a Great Demo! Workshop previously.
Remote Demos Webinar – Recording Available
Peter Cohan joined the fine folks at Zoom for a webinar on Remote Demos – the recording is available here.
The name of the game in Remote Demos is interactivity…! We shared how to take your vibrant personality, push it through the internet, reach out to your audience, grab them, and bring them back with you. We introduced the latest success practices for delivering crisp, compelling and effective demonstrations to audiences that you can’t see – and keep them engaged throughout.
Great Demo! Intro Webinar – Recording Available
The fine folks at Zoom hosted a webinar in which Peter Cohan provided an introduction to Great Demo! This 45 minute session explores several key concepts and addresses a number of intriguing audience questions – you can find the recording here.
Webinar Recording: “Competitive Positioning in Your Software Demo”
Join me in a mini-masterclass as Peter Cohan joined Richard Smith (Refract.tv) and Brian Geery (SalesNV) for a lively discussion of managing competition in demos. We explored:
• How much can we differentiate our product before the demo even begins?
• How do we stop the demo from just becoming a feature/function battle?
• How should we talk about competitors during a demonstration? What is appropriate or not appropriate?
• How can we explain our competitive advantages in a manner that is persuasive, compelling and memorable?
• If we have strong competitors that possess real advantages, how can we still win the sale?
You can find the registration page here: https://www.refract.ai/webinar-competitive-positioning-in-your-software-demo.
Webinar: “How to Have More Effective Discovery Conversations That Lead to Winning Software Demos”
The recording is available here from this panel discussion with demo experts and coaches to explore key elements of Discovery. Topics included:
– What is the difference between Discovery and Qualification (and why is that important)?
– What does having an “effective Discovery conversation” even mean – how much Discovery is enough?
– How to handle “Can you just give me a demo?”
– Discovery questions you can start asking to lead to more successful demos
– How to implement a structured approach to doing Discovery
– How to coach your team (and yourself) to run better Discovery conversations
“Anatomy of a Winning Sales Demo” – Webinar Recording
The recording of the “Anatomy of a Winning Sales Demo” webinar can be found here. If you would like to see another webinar on the topic, go deeper on some of the ideas or explore other areas that we didn’t have time to address, please let us know!
Webinar Recording: How to Take Your Software Demos to the Next Level
Join Richard Smith, Brian Geery and Peter Cohan as we explored life, liberty, and the pursuit of demo excellence during this webinar on August 1.
You can watch and listen to the webinar recording here. (Feel free to skip the first 3 minutes or so…)
Great Demo! LinkedIn Group and User Community – Now Over 6250 Members – Wow!
We have an active Great Demo! Group on LinkedIn – and you are welcome to join. There are now over 6250 members in the Group, many of whom are Great Demo! practitioners. We post topics and ideas for discussion, tips, and information on new tools. Group members are contributing their own thoughts, adding comments to existing dialogues and raising new topics.
We are working diligently to keep the Group as high-value a tool for the community as possible: Postings are monitored, members are vetted, and the Group is kept spam-free. We do encourage carefully selected job postings from vendors with openings (but not from recruiters) and individuals looking for new opportunities.
Think of the Group as an online Great Demo! User Community.
Great Demo! Book Accolades
As noted above, well over 29,500 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased by readers around the world, to date (including 1900 copies of the Amazon Audiobook). Additionally, the book has been awarded the Reader’s Choice designation (twice!) by the publisher. Authors earn the Reader’s Choice award after receiving the Editor’s Choice designation and achieving large sales volumes. In addition to paperback, Kindle, Nook and PDF versions, Great Demo! is also available in audiobook format from Amazon – please note that the voice in the Audiobook is not that of Peter Cohan (he reads the book too fast for a good recording)! The Blog and Great Demo! LinkedIn Group are designed to provide an evergreen extension to the book – you are welcome to explore both – let us know if you’d like to see a 3rd edition to the book published.
Podcasts Featuring Great Demo!
“We the Sales Engineers” Podcasts
I joined Ramzi Marjaba, founder of We The Sales Engineers for not one, not two, but three podcasts (so far…), including:
Segments range from about 40 to 70 minutes in length, providing sufficient time for a comfortable nap… Enjoy!
Andy Paul, noted sales acceleration podcaster, interviewed me recently – the result is this 43 minute conversation about life, liberty and the pursuit of crisp, compelling demos. The first few minutes are [boring] chit-chat [not my fault, but does violate some Great Demo! principles!]; once you survive these the balance is tolerably amusing and potentially useful… Enjoy it here.
A good introduction to some of the key Great Demo! ideas is available in a conversational podcast done with Chris Orlob at Gong.io – you can listen to the recording here. The intro begins about a minute in; the trouble starts a few minutes later!