I can’t tell you how many folks presenting demos forget (or don’t know) to enter full screen mode in their browser (for browser-accessed applications). Instead of seeing only their software, we see the open tabs, bookmarks and toolbar in their browser – and the applications on their Macintosh Dock or Windows Taskbar.
Operating this way has (at least) two problems:
- You are only using 80% of the available screen for your application;
- You are likely making your application look more complicated.
So, try this experiment (yourself, without a customer present):
- Start an example demo in your browser as you normally would, and see what things look like.
- Now, turn off your Bookmarks Bar, your Toolbar, and then Enter Full Screen mode (these commands are typically found in the View menu).
You will likely notice:
- Your see more of your software screen (and/or it looks bigger);
- It looks less complicated!